Wednesday 1 July 2009

My first blog post

As a long-time enjoyer of a time-consuming number of blogs, someone recently said to me: “You could do that”. Now, I definitely can’t. I am not a writer, and am of the belief that, as is our family tradition, I do not have a creative bone in my body. But there was only one way to prove it. So here we are.


I had a read around to get some tips on starting a blog, and found out it is best to have a narrow focus. But then I’m not a narrow focus kind of girl – I have no depth of knowledge in any area. So, disregarding all wisdom, this will be a wide-ranging blog, touching on various areas of which I have little to no knowledge.


Things I may bang on about:

  • Food. Oh aye, I think the internet needs a few more food blogs, don’t you? I may be forcing myself to try new and strange recipes from the Saturday Guardian, reviewing Manchester restaurants (mostly ones serving steak I imagine) or justifying spending half my salary on smoked salmon from the nice fishmongers when I can’t afford a new bus pass.
  • The fun there is to be had in Manchester. Because there’s lots of it – opera, ballet, interpretative dance, theatre….Although lets be frank, an endless succession of murky indie dives with sticky floors and hairy men in scarves are likely to dominate.
  • I will try to keep the dull, shallow mid-twenties angst to a minimum but ponderings on underachievement, family rivalry, wildly inappropriate boyfriends and existential angst may slip through.


Clichéd self-deprecation aside, hopefully this will be fun for both of us.


Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment